We are looking for a person with experience in building startup ecosystem, forming strategic partnerships, building tech-focused interest communities. We are a newly formed State government agency tasked to accelerate efforts towards a digital economy and society. In this digital transformation journey, there are many interesting and innovative projects to engage civil society as well as enterprises to drive digital adoption and create a confident experience.
This is a start-up opportunity for a visionary that wants to get hands-on to drive significant and impactful change to society. The candidate should understand the frictions of change and develop pragmatic ethical action-oriented strategies to nudge behaviours into achieving desired outcomes.
- Lead and focus on the transformation agenda of digital economy and drive programs to build and strengthen the tech startup ecosystem
- Work with universities, ecosystem partners and generate pipeline of startups in software or product engineering and design through ideation programs
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to develop policies, incentive programs that promote the startup ecosystem by attracting investors in capital and expertise
- Design and develop programs to recruit investors and mentors
- Manage the seed fund program jointly with private angel investors and VCs, running at least 2 cohorts a year
- Maintain a dashboard on startup metrics and continuously raise ranking of ecosystem within country, region and globally
- Implement branding and communication strategy to engage and build momentum of startup ecosystem
- Able to ensure delivery of work to be compliant with all relevant laws, policies, and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Economics/Finance/Marketing, Masters is an advantage
- Must be fluent in Bahasa Malaysia and English, spoken and written
- Experience in the startup ecosystem, familiar with change management or digital transformation
- Entrepreneurial experience with a startup
- Good business acumen and adaptable to a fast-paced environment
- Strategise, plan, and lead community building and partnerships in the startup ecosystem:
- Creative in problem solving and analytical, detail-oriented
- Good team player but also independent and confident to execute
- Experience in program and project management
- Strong communication skills in writing and public speaking, able to present to audience
- Self-starting and quick to learn
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.