We are looking for a full-stack developer to join our growing team of technologists. We are a newly formed State government agency tasked to accelerate efforts towards a digital economy and society. In this digital transformation journey, there are many interesting and innovative projects to engage civil society as well as enterprises to drive digital adoption and create a confident experience.
The hire will be responsible for the designing user interactions on websites, developing servers and databases for website functionality and coding for mobile platforms. The hire must be a self-directed creative problem solver eager to learn and grow.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design and develop client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Review source code from various internal and external developers to ensure it meets quality criteria
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software/computer engineering, applied mathematics or relevant fields. Alternatively if you can showcase your programming knowledge we are open to discussion.
- Fluent in Bahasa Malaysia and English
- 3-5 experience in similar role; Past participation in hackathons an advantage
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing responsive web applications
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Must be hands-on in rapid prototyping, testing and troubleshooting
- Strong desire to learn a multitude of technologies and programming languages with a growth mindset
- Strong intellectual curiosity, creative problem-solving skills, responsive and responsible
- Positive can-do attitude, adaptable to change
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com.