We are looking for a self-initiated Executive with an entrepreneurial mindset to join our growing team. The Executive will assist with curating, planning and executing a variety of programmes targeted at building the startup ecosystem in Penang.
- Assist and supporting in the execution of a variety of programs in building the start-up ecosystem as assigned. Day-to-day aspects includes preparing presentation slides, meeting with potential investors and clients, pitching and presenting ideas, venue and logistics preparations.
- Monitor and research current news and related trends to produce content that will be beneficial for Penang’s startup ecosystem. These may include a collation of available grants, profiling partners and startups.
- Engage with Universities and colleges to support running of ideation and hackathons
- Maintain and keep website content related to the startup ecosystem fresh and recent
- Market and manage the co-working space
- Design and draft related documents for the execution of a programme such as marketing content, event planning, selection criteria, programme summary and reports
- Strong project management and organization capabilities to structure programme deliverables and deadlines and execute according to plan
- Bachelor’s degree in – Business/Economics/ Finance/ Marketing, Masters is an advantage; Fresh graduates will be considered
- Must be fluent in Bahasa Malaysia and English, spoken and written
- Have experience in a similar role is the following areas: startup entrepreneurship, technology strategy/consulting, industry development or others within the startup ecosystem.
- Project management certification an advantage
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills; comfortable as a public speaker
- Past entrepreneurial experience and/or interest in entrepreneurship will is advantageous
- Demonstrated knowledge on technology trends and startup ecosystem within Malaysia
- Solid knowledge of using social media platforms (eg: blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Ability to converse and write in English and Malay language · Comfortable to work well under pressure with minimal supervision and highly result-driven · Strong intellectual curiosity, creative problem-solving skills, responsive and responsible
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.