We are looking for a business-savvy person with strong experience in leading a software development team. We are a newly formed State government agency tasked to accelerate efforts toward a digital economy and society. In this digital transformation journey, there are many interesting and innovative projects to engage civil society as well as enterprises to drive digital adoption and create a confident experience.
This role is somewhat non-traditional and not totally commercial as it deals with the whole spectrum from government departments, and private enterprises to the general public. The role requires extensive experience in driving transformational change. It is a rich opportunity for consulting and leading digital transformation as well as seeing to fruition and execution to deliver tangible social impact through digital technology. It is a start-up opportunity for a visionary that wants to get hands-on to drive significant and impactful change to society.
- Articulate business requirements and translate into conceptual design of systems
- Facilitate workshops with key stakeholders to brainstorm and seek opportunities to evangelize digital transformation
- Foster relationship and collaborate with other stakeholders, state, and federal agencies, to develop strategic solutions that would drive digital transformation within Smart City framework
- Seek entrepreneurial opportunities to monetize solutions and generate revenue
- Develop service-oriented architecture and lead software design
- Mentor team of specialists in software development and data analysis.
- Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on all software development activities and be accountable for the on time and to quality delivery of software development projects
- Leverage open source for rapid solution prototyping
- Work with vendors to outsource coding and manage quality assurance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering; Masters an advantage
- Experience in designing and building enterprise grade of applications, undergone SDLCs of a few large-scale systems
- Knowledge on various of operating systems (Windows/ Linux) and platforms
- Experience in software design, object-oriented software architectures and programming principles
- At least 10 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Familiar with full-stack development tools and application development frameworks, such as JAVA Spring, JAVA SpringBoot, VueJS, Bootstraps, GoLang, JSON, HTML, CSS, XML
- Must be fluent in Bahasa Malaysia and English, spoken and written
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading a team
- Possess exceptional creativity and analytical problem-solving skills, able to see big picture yet have an eye for details
- Strong organization leadership and program and project management skills
- Skilful in lobbying, negotiations and problem solving
- Knowledgeable in technology trends and digital transformation efforts, Smart City an advantage
- Comfortable with public speaking and communicating both verbally and in writing.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.